[OM] Re: ZD 50-200mm Bokeh (was The rattlesnake)

Subject: [OM] Re: ZD 50-200mm Bokeh (was The rattlesnake)
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 07:49:34 -0700
You are right, I took this with the 50-200mm @f/4.  I agree with you that
the bokeh is not as nice for that lens as one would like, but I think the
aperture has a lot to do with this.  I was going through my images trying to
find a comparible image taken with that lens at a smaller aperture but could
not find any, so I don't really have anything to back this up with.  There
are a few more on my website taken at smaller apertures, but the background
is more even so you really can't compare them.  I like the bokeh from my old
OM 300mm f/4.5 much more, but it can be tricky to use and I don't have many
images to show.  I think img #2172 below is the only one on my site.

Regarding the new SWD, I don't think they changed anything except the motor?
As I understand it, it still has the same aperture blades and same glass, so
the bokeh should remain the same.

http://www.thufa.net/pwgallery/picture.php?/2222/category/2&metadata
http://www.thufa.net/pwgallery/picture.php?/2193/category/2&metadata
http://www.thufa.net/pwgallery/picture.php?/2170/category/2&metadata