[OM] Re: Dr. Flash tries the T-32 in auto mode

Subject: [OM] Re: Dr. Flash tries the T-32 in auto mode
From: <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 15:42:10 +0000
Perhaps the problem is that the auto mode isn't really working at all.  I just
double checked the specs and see that my 8 meter test shot at ISO 400 and f/5.6
happens to be exactly at the extreme range of the flash for those conditions.
Thus, a full power shot with no auto control would have given me a correct
exposure.  Just dumb luck (or lack of it) that my test situation would have
exactly covered up failure of the mechanism.  That also explains having to
close down so much as the subjects grew closer.  Next time... test the gear
ahead of time.

Dr. Flash