[OM] Re: Winners of Olympus DSLR Contest

Subject: [OM] Re: Winners of Olympus DSLR Contest
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:12:27 -0500
John Hermanson wrote:
> Not that noticeable in the thumbnail, but that halo around each bison
> takes it out of reality and makes it less of an achievement.  Is the
> smallest bison sharper than it should be considering depth of field and
> relative sharpness at that plane?
>
> ___________________________________
> John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
> 21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
> www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net
> Gallery: www.zuiko.com/album/index.html
>

> Chris Barker wrote:
>> It's mean-spirited of me, I know, but that shot looks unreal, surreal
>> or just made up ...

It looks completely photoshopped to me.  The halos around the bison look
like a bad edge-smoothing thing.  Looks like three bison were cut from
another image and pasted on top of the highway.  The lighting, to me,
doesn't match.

And the back bison does look way sharper than the surrounding tarmac.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon