[OM] Re: New Assessment of M8 by a Pro

Subject: [OM] Re: New Assessment of M8 by a Pro
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 18:14:55 +1000
Indeed - I've bought some great stuff out of the PRC and some trash.
The 'knock-off's' can be a bit annoying though - I can't even buy
genuine Sony ear buds because they're swamped by $10 fakes with the
most godawful sound quality - most of the buyers don't seem to notice
and won't buy good ones at say $30 rather than the fakes.

It is well to remember that through the 1950's and '60's, Made in
Japan was synonymous with rubbish. That's why the little gold
stickers started appearing on cameras.  I'm sure that China's
reputation will improve, one they get decent manufacturing controls
in place. Of course, the prices will go up as well.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx