[OM] Re: Did a May Wedding

Subject: [OM] Re: Did a May Wedding
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 06:10:08 -0400
Yes, Dr. Flash noted a number of opportunities for fill flash and also
where the flash would be the main light and not simply fill.  But many
of these can be significantly improved with the shadow/highlight
control, especially if the raw images are run though Camera Raw.  But,
when the dynamic range exceeds the capability of the camera,
<http://imagecraft.smugmug.com/gallery/5119866_c7wVy#309501579_KsE8X-M-LB>
as it does here with blown background highlights and blocked up black
tuxedos there isn't any other choice but flash or else choosing which
end of the brightness range you're going to accommodate.  This shot,
being post ceremony, might have allowed flash but perhaps not during the
ceremony itself.

Chuck Norcutt