[OM] Advice sought on additional lenses for my E-510

Subject: [OM] Advice sought on additional lenses for my E-510
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 13:00:05 EDT
I'm wanting to increase my range and capabilities beyond the two kit lenses
that came with my 510, and would like any feedback/advice that list members
would like to impart.

1) 14-54 vs. 12-60
I would love to have the 12-60, but the 14-54 is less than half  the price. I
can buy two lenses for the price of the  12-60. Comparison/comments?

2) 70-300
Anyone used one of these? I know it's a lower-tier lens and not especially
fast, but that 600mm equivalent reach is what I'm looking at.

3) 50mm macro
I think the extra working distance and speed over the 35 will be worth the
price.

TIA for your comments.

Greg

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.