[OM] Re: Advice sought on additional lenses for my E-510

Subject: [OM] Re: Advice sought on additional lenses for my E-510
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 12:13:33 -0500
Greg,

I can't give you comparisons, just opinions.  When I bought my E-510 in
April, I opted to buy the body and one lens, the 14-54 2.8-3.5.  I read up
on the kit lenses and concluded that the extra cash for the 14-54 was a good
investment, and I haven't been disappointed.  It is sharp, easy to use, and
gives me good images.  As I understand it, the 12-60 is a pro-caliber lens,
but since I am not up to that level, I couldn't justify the price.

I also read up on the 70-300, and everyone says it is well worth the
investment.

For shorter FL lenses, I am experimenting with an M42 to 4/3 adapter and
some of my Pentax lenses. So far, without a focus confirmation chip, my
success has been mixed.  Sigma makes a 30mm 4/3 lens that is well received,
as is the 25mm Leica lens, if you wish to make that much of an investment.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA