[OM] Re: Exciting times chez Moose

Subject: [OM] Re: Exciting times chez Moose
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 20:10:47 +1000
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Ah, so you're a tree hater then.
> And that looks suspiciously like a young, healthy Eucalypt.
> With attitudes like that, you deserve to live in...a suburb.

Me too.

We only a few weeks ago had the neighbour get rid of a very large, heavy
gum that was leaning "I WILL CRUSH YOU" style over our house, with other
neighbours reporting it started and significantly increased its lean
over the last 18 months. It turns out its base was rife with borer, and
it had a very large fracture in there as well (thus, the lean).

We didn't stay and take photos when it came down though. Visions of
widowmaker branches and large sawn-off chunks of trunk coming through
our roof had us go for a looooong walk (or perhaps it was the shame, eh,
Andrew? ;) ).

Nice photo, Moose. I reckon the "surgeon" would love it.

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz