[OM] Re: Tripod height

Subject: [OM] Re: Tripod height
From: Michael Collins <l43g20th@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 18:53:53 -0400
On 5/16/08 10:24 PM, "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But whatever you chose, tell us how it goes so we can lust vicariously.

I have a really bad habit of overbuying, telling myself that I can amortise
the extra cost over several decades (if lucky) so it's negligible! Hence the
E-3, of whose features I'll only use a fraction. Currently no SWMBO/CDFO, so
no checks and balances :-) .

I think I'll start the tripod purchase top-down, with plate(s) and ball
head. Then I can try a few of the recommended sets of legs, to see what
really works for me - assuming Vistek have a good selection of their
catalogue in stock...

I'm thinking an RRS E-3 L-plate and a BH-40. Should I consider splurging on
a dedicated plate for my 50-200 too?

Michael