[OM] Re: Low cost backup

Subject: [OM] Re: Low cost backup
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 11:10:09 +0100
And of course, just because someone might say "acted on impulse" does
not mean that it is correct or or logical.  People say and mean all
sorts of incorrect or illogical phrases.  And you're right, of course,
that an impulse is not an activity; that defies the meaning that you
can have with some words, that they stop short of being something else
and that is their value in the language.

I also have a problem with Moose's mixing of metaphors: "quarks ...
colours ... spin etc ..."

But then I haven't a clue what a quark might be.

Chris