[OM] Re: Low cost backup

Subject: [OM] Re: Low cost backup
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 09:16:00 +1000
Actually the usual objection (to the behaviourists) is the opposite -
that we have many impulses on which we do not act. I'm no particular
fan of that school but I also dislike the objection in that I can
understand the impulse as an activity in and of itself.
Anywho, the demotic expression 'act on impulse' and its companion
'act with deliberation' are merely definitions of types of action -
the motivations for those actions are activities within themselves.
(And for a behaviourist, indistinguishable from the action).
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx