[OM] Re: What to buy, what to buy.

Subject: [OM] Re: What to buy, what to buy.
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 16:25:52 +1000
But, why is it unappealing. That's the difficult bit.
If you shoot 6x6, anything but square is unappealing and it's a
bugger to buy square paper.
If you're into panoramas then 4:1 looks just perfect.
I rather like 6x7 myself. I'm not alone.
I don't think that there's a paper size for that.

8x10 was the ancient full plate size, which just happened to be close
to quarto.
5x7 - a slight trim on half plate, 4x5 is quarter plate.
Nothing really matches a 5:4 ratio today, nor is there any particular
reason why it should.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx