[OM] Re: The Annie Liebowitz Controversy

Subject: [OM] Re: The Annie Liebowitz Controversy
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 21:25:08 +1000
No, it's the social 'our'.
It is acceptable to use broad generalisations mate and the entire
fashion industry is against your personal tastes. Actually it's not
too accurate - the Greeks at least preferred what we would call a
healthy build - neither thin nor fat - and the Romans usually copied
Greek art anyway.
I like a rather more lateral reason for the fashion industry
preferring skinny, young girls - most fashion designers are gay male
and prefer models that look like young boys. I don't know if it is
true in either category but it's amusingly plausible.
But in all this, my views are coloured by by the experience of an
acquaintance who happened to be following her 12 year old schoolgirl
daughter down the street past a bar late one afternoon and saw the
verbal treatment the girl received from the drunken smokers on the
patio outside. Said patrons were quite disturbed to be very loudly
informed that she was 12yo and that they were they were "useless
filthy f***ing paedophiles"...
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx