[OM] Re: The Annie Liebowitz Controversy

Subject: [OM] Re: The Annie Liebowitz Controversy
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 23:43:33 -0700
I did not agree with everything either. I thought her ideas stimulated
some thought though. I think she spoke about contemporary society in
general, not that what she said was true about everyone.

The photograph became more interesting to me because of the commentary
since it could be seen as as statement about the sexualization of
children rather than an exploitation. I had missed that aspect when I
first saw it. It had bothered me, but Liebowitz seemed to good a
photographer to do a shallow exploitation.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA