[OM] Re: (OT) stopping

Subject: [OM] Re: (OT) stopping
From: "Roger Wesson" <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:18:15 +0100 (BST)
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
I hate Top Gear, primarily because of Clarkson, but the 2CV getting blown
over was quite impressive.  When I travelled in South America a couple of
years ago, I flew home from Quito.  My flight was delayed by 12 hours and
I spent part of the wait standing just by the perimeter fence at the end
of the runway.  I was hugely impressed at the incredible winds generated
when a large jet took off, and amazed at how I had entirely failed to
anticipate that I'd have to hold onto the fence for dear life to stop
myself getting blown across the road.

OM content - here's a photo I took in Parque Nacional Podocarpus in the
south of Ecuador a few days before flying home:

http://www.world-traveller.org/site/Image:SA31-S24-04.jpg

Roger