[OM] Re: (OT) stopping

Subject: [OM] Re: (OT) stopping
From: James R <londonjames@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:55:32 +0100
That Lufthansa landing attempt looks incredibly scary - the wingtip
can only have been a few feet from the ground. I once read a book
about airliner near-misses and remember the quote, "You know you
should be worried when the air hostesses start screaming".

As for Top Gear - my 6 year old loves it (I only show him highlight
DVDs which have most of the studio filler sections excised), and I
think that sums up the show; made for small boys. Given it's appeal to
that age group it's a shame there's so much smutty innuendo.

Two flight related segments I did think rather good were the Reliant
Robin launched as Space Shuttle:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKrI3vnQHn4

Part 2 (for those that want to go straight to the launch):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx9yrDqOj00

And then the cars being driven behind the 747 with an engine at full
throttle. Here's the 2CV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOY7BgqM8pg

James