[OM] Re: Camera art (where the camera is the art) (OT)

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera art (where the camera is the art) (OT)
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:55:31 +1000
I lerv these. I have a wooden 10x8 pinnie with brass trim but nothing
in this class.
Time to get serious I think. I'll upgrade it to improve snobtitty
resolution.
I need a portentous motto to engrave on the front, to reflect the
trend for incorporating text in (f)art images - something like "Stand
very still you dickhead" might do it.
A collage of cereal packet parts, prechewed by the puppy should make
a nice 'leatherette', reflecting the mundanity of photography.
Then I'll bolt on some plumbing bits to symbolise the fascination
with the mechanical bits in conventional photography.
Stick some of those old lens elements I have on the front, as an
ironic comment.
Dangle a few suncatchers off it as an acknowledgment to the gods of
light?
I can see it in my mind. Ugly as.

I didn't think that the artist's mission statement was too bad
compared to some I've seen.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx