[OM] Re: A question regarding my online photo gallery

Subject: [OM] Re: A question regarding my online photo gallery
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 18:50:38 +0100
Marc

Now, you know that I'm no expert, but here is what I think.

Your PC is likely to have the light and colour correction sorted with
some external gizmo like a Hueyl if it doesn't, the remainder is
conjecture on my part.

The PC's picture is likely to be what you want to see since you sorted
everything out on it.  The laptop's display might have varying
brightness depending on your power settings; in addition, it might be
set up for a different colour space.

This one:

http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=58

looked very slightly warmer on my Mac in Firefox (v3 beta, an
excellent browser for the Mac) than in Safari (which will be corrected
for your lightspace)..  The other one, the sunset out to sea, looked
exactly the same.

The iMac will be a huge pleasure to use (and do ask if anything is
overly confusing or you need guidance; there are of course several
users on the List).  For a start, Safari looks much better on the Mac
(and looks are important, in my opinion), but also the colour
calibration is probably a deal easier to use.  I use the old Huey to
calibrate my iMac and to adjust the brightness of the display for my
office (darkish cellar of an old pub, the Three Horseshoes, hence
"threeshoes.net"). I have done the same for my MacBook, although the
varying brightness cannot be catered for with a mobile machine unless
you were to carry the gizmo with you.

Lovely scenes, by the way ... :-)

Chris