[OM] A question regarding my online photo gallery

Subject: [OM] A question regarding my online photo gallery
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 22:19:34 +1000
I've finally been getting around to setting up a gallery for my photos,
using the Gallery 2 software.

You can see it here:

http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery/main.php

if you care muchly (and, of course, I welcome criticism of any part of
the Gallery or of the individual photos), but I actually have a specific
question about it.

I post-process and prepare these photos on my main PC (Dell, Windows XP,
PS 7.0, HP2105 LCD monitor) upstairs. However, when I look at a couple
of them on this laptop I'm on now, or Peter's laptop (both also Windows
XP), the few piccies I've uploaded differ to what I see on the PC
(whether in Firefox, IE, or just Irfanview). In most cases the
difference matters little (eg. the black and whites), but in these two:

http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=58

http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=77

the difference is significant and seems to relate to warmth and
contrast. The way I processed them was warmer, darker and more
contrasty, but on the laptops, they're cooler, and lighter, with more
detail in the shadows. For instance, the second one above is meant to be
*much* more "orange", and the breakwall and leaves left and right are
meant to be at or near silhouette, this being how it appears on my
upstairs PC (perhaps this is how it appears to you, which would be good
:) ).

My question is, which one is "right" (ie. what you see) - the PC or the
laptops - and how could I know without asking? I'm just loathe to
continue processing and uploading a whole lot of photos without knowing
first, as I'd certainly not want to have to redo them all. (FWIW, the PC
is likely very soon to be replaced with an aPple iMac, if that also will
have any bearing on things).

OM content? Well, FWIW, the first and fourth photos in the Airedales
album were taken with an OM1 and Zuiko 50/1.4 (on Kodak B&W C41 film).

Cheers, and thanks in advance
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz