[OM] Re: Just when you thought...

Subject: [OM] Re: Just when you thought...
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:49:54 -0600
Ali Shah wrote:

> Seriously? How can they enforce this?

It's called "Terms of Service," which you agree to by entering into the
auction.  Basically the terms of contracting with eBay.  In my case,
since I have less than 100 completed transactions with eBay, I have no
choice in the matter -- it's get payed via PayPal, or nothin.'  (I also
don't get the funds released to me for three weeks after the auctions
end; price I pay for getting global exposure for my stuff, I guess...)

> What about
> people with less than perfect Cr*dit who cant get a
> paybuddy account? Are they basically screwed?

If they have a credit card, they can use PayPal to *pay* without having
a PayPal account, I believe (at least, I've done that through several
on-line stores in the past few months).  If they don't have a credit
card, yeah, they're screwed.  But then, without credit in modern Western
societies, you're generally screwed anyways (one of the reasons why ID
theft is so devastating to the victims...).

Garth