[OM] Re: [SPAM] Contest Winners - Sony World Photography Awards

Subject: [OM] Re: [SPAM] Contest Winners - Sony World Photography Awards
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 21:26:48 -0300
Maybe I should have send this offlist, but your post reminded me so much
of a poem I listened to some years ago, that  found the coincidence
amusing ...
Here it goes - sorry for the hardcore off topic ! - too many days
without my daily gram of lithium carbonate. I know I'm not in a clever
or thoughtful kind of way.

;^)

Fernando.
---------------------------------------

This mule ain't from Moscow;/This mule ain't from the south,
But this mule's got some learning.../Mostly mouth-to-mouth.
This mule could be called stubborn - and lazy
But in a clever sort of way,/This mule's been waiting and planning...
And working.../In seclusion-/For a sacred kind of day.
The day that burning sticks-/Or crosses-/Is not mere child's play...
But a mad man/In his bloom
Whose loveless soul/Is imperfection/In its most lustrous bloom.
Stand still, old mule/Soothe in contemplation
Thy burning whole/And aching thigh.
That your stubbornness/Is of the living,
And cruel anxiety/Has begun to die.
Stand fast,/Young old mule,/Stand fast.