[OM] Re: My E-3 returns

Subject: [OM] Re: My E-3 returns
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 13:15:26 -0700
Here is a diagram of the cleaning mechanism for the E-3 at the bottom
of the page:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse3/page5.asp

And the one for the D300. It is the same idea, ultrasonic vibration of
a filter in front of the sensor and a statement that is like the
"others".

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond300/page5.asp

As for image tilt, I doubt it would be the image stabilization system
for the following reason. Those systems are constrained to vertical
and horizontal movement. That is the reason for sensors for panning
motion which turn off the stabilization in one direction. Not designed
to catch rotating motion. Conceivably if the the stabilizer
malfunctioned it might leave the sensor high or low or to the left or
right, but not tilted.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA