[OM] Re: OM 2N vs OM4T(i) - Relative reliability/repairability

Subject: [OM] Re: OM 2N vs OM4T(i) - Relative reliability/repairability
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 21:42:35 -0400
Hi, Gord.  I could use an OM4 in good working condition.  I normally
shoot film with my OM-2sp but I can't see to focus any more without some
dioptric correction.  I have been using eyecups with correction lenses.
  I had two but lost one and am now afraid of losing the other.  Without
the right dioptric correction I would not be able to shoot film anymore.
  I'd like an OM-4 or 4T just for the sake of having built-in dioptric
correction that can't fall off the camera.  Since I only shoot manual
flash the 4T's ability to use the F280 is of no significance to me so
the only real value of a 4T to me over a 4 is just the battery drain
question.  But a 4 would be fine since the 2sp has essentially the same
drain characteristics as the 4 and I have never found that to be a
problem if using good silver cells.

For possible trade I have the OM-2sp which was CLA'd by Clint Rumbo
probably 6-8 years ago and has had maybe 30 rolls put through it since
then.  Clint also installed the OM-2sp red ready light fix that lights
the flash ready light from flash batteries rather than camera batteries
to minimize battery drain.  The 2sp also has a 2-13 screen with JH's
rule of thirds engraving but I'd likely swap that out before trading it.

I also have a black OM-2n with shoe 4 CLA'd by John Hermanson in 2000
and which has had probably less than 1/2 dozen rolls through it since
then.  I also have a chrome OM-2 with shoe 3 also CLA'd in 2000 but by
K&S Camera in Fresno, CA.  To the best of my knowledge it has never been
used since. Both of the OM-2's are in pretty good cosmetic condition.

For reasons I'm not sure of any more I also have 3 OM-1's, 3 OM-PC's, 3
OM-G's and, I think, a newish looking OM-10 complete with manual
adapter.  Not sure where the OM-10 is at the moment.

I also have lots of TTL cables, multi-TTL connectors and other OM
miscellany.  Also a fair collection of Zuikos and lots of Kiron and
other third party lenses.  Photos of anything you're interested in on
request.

So, what might you be interested in?

Chuck Norcutt

Gordon Ross wrote:
> True enabling.  I have an OM1, OM3, OM4 and OM4Ti, I have never owned
> or used any OM2 - I have a good selection of Pens, Stylus, allinones
> and even a couple of the minis and Zuikos that I am not using anyone
> have a good OM2 to trade for any of this gear?
>
> Gord
>
> On 4-Apr-08, at 4:03 PM, Bob Docherty wrote:
>
>> Silly human! You need them both, of course! The OM-2SP is also
>> nice. :)
>>
>> Bob

>>> old. I presume that if the circuit board goes - the primary