[OM] Re: possibly offline

Subject: [OM] Re: possibly offline
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:02:36 -0400
I'm with Charlie on this one.  Having had a triple by-pass I know what
it means and, had I had more information then, I'm not sure I would have
done it.  Whatever the result I *strongly advise* seeking two more
opinions from doctors *not* associated with whatever source of medical
advice you are getting today.  The old adage "If the only tool you have
is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail" pertains to
cardiologists and especially surgeons.

ps:  My bypass was performed in a Harvard teaching hospital and, even
so, was not without follow-on problems... probably exacerbated by the
fact the surgeon had been up all night working on an emergency case.  No
one would admit that, however, until all the prior doctors were gone.

pps: I don't believe the technology is good enough to tell 63% from 65%.

Chuck Norcutt