[OM] Re: Photoshop Express

Subject: [OM] Re: Photoshop Express
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 08:01:21 -0500
Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Derivation is western North Carolina US Southern speak. Example: Damn
> if I didn't just plum' ferget!  We use apostrophes to replace
> everything, even when there's nothing to replace. But, yes, it stands
> in for the missing b.

When all y'all starts tawkin' Sutherun, y'all gots tuh play fay-ast an'
loose wit' thuh letters.

Y'all kin use them 'postrofeees tuh represaynt dang near any layter in
the alph'bet, lahk when y'all leaves 'em out, or when y'all squishes
words t'gether, lah "y'all", but thay-en y'all's gots tuh add y'all some
extree syllables intuh thuh say-yen-tence tuh make up fer thuh lay-ters
y'all dun left out.

An' y'all will fahnd that when y'all's tawkin' 'bout Thuh Mother Spowrt
-- NASCAR (or, as I call it, the World Racing Federation because it's
more like pro wrestling on wheels) -- it heps y'all git intuh thuh swang
of thangs more fay-ays-ter.

Ah'm one of them Yayhnkees, born'n'bred, but Ah'm learnin' me to tawk
lahk this since mah company done got bought out bah Tenn'seeuns.

An' Ah don' mean no dis-ree-spaykt to none of owr Suthern breth-ur-un
here on thuh lee-uhst.

;-P

Ain't tawkin' 'Murican cornfusin'?

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon