[OM] Re: No Record (yet) of Zuiko 24-40mm f4

Subject: [OM] Re: No Record (yet) of Zuiko 24-40mm f4
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:06:52 -0400
1898 is a bit too early for the name "IBM" but C-T-R (IBM's predecessor
name) did enter the Canadian market in 1917 using the name
"International Business Machines" which the parent US company didn't use
until 1924.  Actually, 1898 is too early even for the C-T-R name but the
sophistication of the clocks and scales mentioned make it likely that
they were produced by C-T-R's forerunner companies.  Here's the Toronto
plant in 1920.
<http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits/vintage/vintage_4506VV2030.html>

Chuck Norcutt