[OM] Re: Old computers - Geeks and nerds

Subject: [OM] Re: Old computers - Geeks and nerds
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 08:15:03 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Chuck,

> Similar designs I'm sure have been done by many since but, AFAIK, it was
> the first PC that didn't need at least a screwdriver to get it apart.

Actually, the first PC that didnt need a screwdriver was the DEC Rainbow
in 1982 :-)  Some might say it wasnt a true PC as it didnt use ISA slots.
No screw drivers were even needed for the option cards, though the
expansion is limited.

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/

"Only a mediocre man is always at his best."  -- W. Somerset Maugham