[OM] Re: Old computers - Geeks and nerds

Subject: [OM] Re: Old computers - Geeks and nerds
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 21:08:39 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Chuck,

> OS/2 v2.0 was the first version of OS/2 to implement the 386's 32-bit
> flat memory model.  There was still some 16 bit code around and
> especially in device drivers but the OS can't run on a 286 with its
> segmented memory architecture.  The 386 will run 286 code but not
> vice-versa.

After that last email you sent, I realise now that the IBM PS/2 Model 50
I had (still on it actually, just havent run it for many years) OS/2 v2.11 on
has a 386 upgrade in it (Hyperace). That is where my confusion is setting
in. Or maybe I'm just getting to old with to much junk upstairs (the brain,
not the roof ;-))

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/