[OM] Re: Geeks and nerds (That can't be OT in this crowd.)

Subject: [OM] Re: Geeks and nerds (That can't be OT in this crowd.)
From: "John A. Lind" <j-a-lind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 00:59:43 -0400
Yes, I caught that when sending the email -- a bit mystifying as I had
thought it was set (after updating BIOS, resetting it to factory
default, and reentering settings for my configuration).

One subtle and puzzling clue was nearly everything in the "Start" menu
being highlighted as "New Software Has Been Installed."  Another was
when I sent the posting; it came up with a notice that the certificate
for the secure connection wouldn't be valid until some time in 2007.
That's when I looked at the system clock/calendar. :-)

Lesson learned:  if everything shows up as "New Software Installed" on
the Start Menu, check the system clock/calendar!