[OM] Re: Small world ain't it?

Subject: [OM] Re: Small world ain't it?
From: "Jez Cunningham" <jez.cunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:29:02 +0100
Is it only 9 years since this question was last asked?
Jez, dumpster-diving-in-the-archives

*Subject:*
Re: [OM] Sunny 16? *From*: Clyde Soles <csoles@xxxxxxx<csoles@DOMAIN.HIDDEN>

John Hudson wrote:

>*OK older whippersnappers.  Wasn't there a Scheiner [sp?] rating system at*
>*one time before DIN and ASA were invented?*

Hmmm, haven't heard that one but I'm not *that* old. However I do vaguely
recall that BDE (basic daylight exposure, aka sunny 16) was originally
calibrated for green grass and caucasian skin at a specific latitude and
altitude...I think they used pre-smog Wash DC.