[OM] Re: Canadian Rockies w/E-3, 12-60 and 50-200 SWD

Subject: [OM] Re: Canadian Rockies w/E-3, 12-60 and 50-200 SWD
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:38:06 -0700
Garth Wood wrote:
> ... It is really REALLY hard to convey the scales you're experiencing in the
> Rockies.  Everything's absurdly oversized -- photos don't do it all justice.
> It's only clambering around for awhile that really awakens you to the scale
> of the place.  That's why I tried to keep people in some of the shots -- at
> least one gets a limited sense of perspective and scale.
>
> Glad they brought back good memories.  (They *were* good ones, weren't they?)

Brought back some pleasant ones for me. I managed to steal a couple of
days at the end of a business trip to Calgary quite a few years ago. I
stayed in Banff overnight and drove up to Lake Louise the next day. It
was early Winter, a little snow around and the LL parking lot was icy,
but 'tween seasons, so very uncrowded. A lovely, peaceful little break.

I looked for Moose, but only saw elk, fish and a wolf (!). No wolf pic,
though. It was trotting along the edge of the road. I tried slowing down
gently in hope of a shot out the window as it went by me, but it slid
off into the woods.

Many impressive mountains, but I think Castle Mt. my favorite of those I
saw.

Moose