[OM] Re: Zone 10 gallery

Subject: [OM] Re: Zone 10 gallery
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 20:43:53 +1100
Tarn, from Old Norse tarnu  - many modern Scandanavian cognates.
'Small mountain lake laking tributaries'. (Shorter Oxford).
Definitely not a pond. I always thought of it as a small glacial lake
but the term has spread to sundry mountain zones such as the
Australian Alps. Ther's a couple on the slopes between Mt. Buggery
and Mt. Disappointment.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx