[OM] Re: Zone 10 gallery

Subject: [OM] Re: Zone 10 gallery
From: Jim Couch at home <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 23:53:43 -0800
Chris,

I actually did a fair amount of lifting of shadows on the foreground for
the Ranier photo and was a bit reluctant to overdo it. I also have a
version where I have completely cropped out the foreground, and I am
going to revisit that one as well. As I mentioned to Moose, I may post
both photos on the Gallery.

As for the term tarn, I don't think it is in general use here. It is a
term used by climbers and mountain travelers/hikers more than it is used
generally. It seems that in the mountains it would be called a tarn, but
in the lowlands most folk would call it a pond.

Jim Couch