[OM] Re: Zone 10 gallery

Subject: [OM] Re: Zone 10 gallery
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 21:25:31 -0800
Jim Couch at home wrote:
> I uploaded a few photos to the Zone 10 gallery tonight. all taken last
> august with my Nik*n D70. Setup and uploads went smooth as can be. Feel
> free to take a look and comment if you wish: Jim Couch's Zone-10 gallery
> <http://image66media.com/g2/main.php?g2_itemId=1390>

I love abstractions that are simply a different scale or perspective on
ordinary things, so I love your first two. The third is less abstract,
and I like it too. Nice light. pretty colors and reflection/refractions
and god DOF.

I'm not sure I agree with Chuck about Mt Ranier. In a technical sense,
sure, the foreground could be lightener to better match the upper part
of the image.

Artistically, I don't think the foreground adds anything, and bringing
it up tonally would just make that worse. I don't know if you oar a
persons who doesn't believe in cropping. 'Twere mine, I'd crop out most
of the foreground anyway.

Neither of the landscapes looks quite right to me, slightly soft. Not
the image itself, but the web version. I tried a light sharpening on
Ranier and like it better.

Moose