[OM] Re: DSLR problems (all of 'em)

Subject: [OM] Re: DSLR problems (all of 'em)
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 23:59:59 +0100
Quoting Leandro DUTRA (2/03/08):

>2008/3/2, Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>  Give me a compact body with prime lenses...
>
>There is an OM waiting for you somewhere? or a Leica R6.2 if you have
>enough dough.

The OM I have... I meant a digital body. Kind of an E-410 with fixed focal
length lenses. BTW, I tried an E-410 in a shop with an OM 21/3.5 and a N/kon
20/2.8 (with adapter of course), that might make a nice "little brother" to the
D200. Unfortunately the D40 or D80 won't meter with such lenses.

>Now what about a manual, digital Four Thirds?  Kinda like the Leica
>M8, but less hackish, with real exposure information in the EXIF
>fields.  Even a rangefinder!  Is that asking too much?  Assuming Four
>Thirds is actually open, anyone could do it, even for Leica prices.
>
>In the end, when we can't get anymore lenses and repairs for our OMs,
>I guess we will have to go the Leica route.  The bodies are all
>electronic now, but they still have and support manual lenses.

If you can afford it!

Bernard