[OM] Re: LCD protectors - another viewpoint

Subject: [OM] Re: LCD protectors - another viewpoint
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 18:07:10 -0800
Jim Couch wrote:
> Ken,
>
> I use cut down protectors on mine in instances where I am particularly
> concerned about scratches/damage (climbing, dusty/dirty environments)
> otherwise I don't bother..... It is hard enough to read a histogram when you
> are wearing sunglasses, let alone through a protector!

Might there be inappropriate comparisons going on here? Apples (plastic
sheets), Oranges (custom, snap-on protectors that come with the camera),
and, not so far mentioned here, Pears (Giottos multi layer AR coated
Schott glass)?

To generically smear protectors based on cut down plastic sheets seems
wrong to me.

I have not seen or used any of these things. However, the transmission
data for the Giottos ones are somewhat persuasive. Please note the odd
differences in vertical scale before evaluating,
http://www.giottos.com/SP.htm.

Moose