[OM] Re: Disappointing 4/3 system and DZ lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Disappointing 4/3 system and DZ lenses
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:12:50 -0500
I've never had any focusing problems that I thought could be attributed
to the 5D but (and these may be a biggies) I only ever use center point
autofocus in single-shot mode, I have the autofocus button removed from
the shutter button and moved to the back of the camera and (perhaps the
real biggie) up until a couple of weeks ago I have only had f/2.8
constant aperture lenses.  My latest acquisition, a Tamron 20-40/2.7-3.5
is obviously slower on the long end but I haven't used it enough to know
if it makes a difference to low light/low contrast focusing or not.  So,
what's the speed of the lenses on your buddies 5D?

Yes, I have had a few focusing glitches but they're all quite
attributable to me forgetting to punch the AF button on the back of the
camera.

Chuck Norcutt