[OM] Re: Disappointing 4/3 system and DZ lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Disappointing 4/3 system and DZ lenses
From: "siddiq@xxxxxxx" <siddiq@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:13:53 -0800

On Feb 25, 2008, at 11:06 AM, Garth Wood wrote:

> C.H.Ling wrote:
>> As your guys are talking about the Olympus 12-60's play, I have to
>> express
>> my disappointment on the 4/3 system and the High Grade lenses. All
>> come up
>> the the E-3 and the focus problem.
>
> I have to admit, this kinda fills me with sadness.  I've just finished
> running some more tests, and I still cannot reproduce these focusing
> problems with my 12-60 or 50-200.  Did I just luck out and get good
> copies?  If so, what does that imply about Olympus' quality control?
> Are others not using their AF correctly, or expecting more out of the
> contrast-detection system than it's capable of delivering?

Isn't it phase-detect only, either live-view or viewfinder? After the
F/W update on the body, AF is a bit slower, haven't shot nearly
enough in critical conditions to notice if any better or not. It
seems I get more positive focus locks when using "normal" area, vs
"small". Again, must go out shooting some more. I thikn on my end
it's a matter of me understanding how the camera works and using that
to modify my own technique to get more keepers or faster on the draw,
or whatnot.

/s