[OM] Re: OT: in the UK, who is responsible for goods damaged in transit?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: in the UK, who is responsible for goods damaged in transit?
From: James R <londonjames@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:34:59 +0000
Chris,

I had a bad experience with a used car purchase 18 months ago and went
the route of the small claims court. The dealer did pay up when he saw
I was serious; he was obviously trying it on and getting a few months
free credit as a minimum.

Remember that the small claims court system is set up so that lawyers
need not be hired and the judge listens to both sides of the story
(with evidence). The whole system seems to be set up with an unusually
common sense approach. There's clearly something wrong with the story
that the claimant has given your son, so I wouldn't hesitate to tell
him to take a flying jump...

James