[OM] Re: ORF to DNG what do I lose

Subject: [OM] Re: ORF to DNG what do I lose
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:07:24 +0800
I don't see any problem for a manufacturer's hardware depends on his own
software. It didn't like the age where Sony try to promote their own Beta
Video tape system, it does not compatible with the rest of the world, other
people cannot view them without the hardware. For image, the final output is
TIFF, JPEG or print...etc, no special hardware/software is required to read
them.

To me available of third party RAW converter or not is not a critical point
for camera system selection. If manufacturer's RAW converter can give good
image quality that is good enough. If required, post processing can be done
with any software after conversion.

C.H.Ling