[OM] 200/4, Michigan and other matters

Subject: [OM] 200/4, Michigan and other matters
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:49:53 -0800 (PST)
NSURIT wrote:
> Joel, you have been hanging around with the wrong crowd too long.
> Bet  that 200mm is silver nosed, isn't it?  You will be known by
> the kids you hang out with.  You should of listened . . .

Ok, you know what buttons to push to get me out of lurk mode.  You do
realize, don't you, that my 200/4 silver-nosed lens actually came
from Sir Joel, himself?

BTW, what Joel mentioned about the shutter-vibration issue with the
OM series is absolutely true. For some odd reason there is a specific
resonance with the OM body that seems affect the images taken with
about any multiple of 200mm.  On my E-1. the 200/4 is the cat's meow,
but on the OM bodies it is excellent, but problematic at times.

> Oh, on another note and don't let Ken on any of your running
> buddies know,  I just got a little kit yesterday that has a 200mm
> f4 silver nose.  A little rough but I was thinking about keeping
> it.

I'd keep it for one reason alone:  Texas wildflowers.  I challenge
you to try it out compared to the 50-200. I believe that the bokeh of
the 200/4 will convince you that it's worth taking up valuable bag
space.

As to Zuikofest 2008, I'm wanting to do something, but my intrepid
business partner is not being overly cooperative in getting stateside
yet.  So, instead of an official workshoppy thingy, I might just
encourage everybody to show their faces in Houghton Michigan on some
specific date in mid-late September. Personally, I'm planning on
spending a good week in the Keeweenaw Peninsula. It's a very, very
beautiful area and I've spent way too little time there.

Be forwarned.  I'm on a film binge these days.  Hanging around with
me will be an experience as you'll have to put up with my
evangelising in the "Ways of the Silver". That OM-4T has
singlehandidly reversed my digital/film percentages.  Instead of
90/10 digital/film, it's currently 90/10 film/digital.  :)

As to my "lurk mode" status--I'm sorry for the silent treatment.
I've been so busy with www.zone-10.com that I've been neglecting my
friends here.  BTW, speaking of such, Richard Lovinson posted a new
article with some fantastic winter photos he took the other day.
Well worth the visit.  (shameless plug).

Moose also has been writing some interesting stuff regarding P&S
cameras that actually inspired me.  I've got a special little camera
coming just to satisfy that inspiration.  Bob Whitmore (not Wiltmore)
is contributing articles too and is making us all drool over that new
D-3 of his.  It's fun times in the www.zone-10.com world.  (ultra
shameless plug).

For my personal edification as well as the www.zone-10.com website,
(shameless plug #3), I'm building a test fixture.  Can't say more
until revealed, but hopefully this weekend I'll have it pretty much
done. I've got a bit of an investment in it and it's unlike anything
you've ever seen before, but will be one of those forehead-slapping
duh things.

We are continuing to add writers to www.zone-10.com (shameless plug
#4), with diverse experiences and knowledge bases. We are expanding
into a specific area which will pretty much sap up almost all of
Khen's and my time so we are trying to get a good solid base of
contributors going which will take care of some day-to-day content
while we beat down the doors of opportunity.

Shameless plug #5:  I've even posted a few things on the
www.zone-10.com website that are actually pretty good.  :)

AG

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs