[OM] Re: New Film Camera

Subject: [OM] Re: New Film Camera
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 08:52:26 +1100
Not the back of course but the hump covering the large lens unit.
Electronic control of the lens instead of mechanical.
I wonder if the lens is cammed or whether focussing is by wire too.
No ruby window on the back either but PC connection in the body top
plate.
I'm assuming that the clear patch in the brightline window is the RF
patch so the the little round window will be a meter.
I'd love to see that left dial closer - obviously shutter speed but
is there an 'A' setting on it?

In some ways I'm disappointed that they went so Ikonta. I always
lusted after one of those little Plaubel Makinas with the Nikkor
lens, although they had some reliability issues.
http://www.nyclondon.com/articles/plaubel_makina_67_review.blog
Only ever saw one once when a friend of mine rebuilt one and then
sold it on (without loaning it to me, the swine).

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx