[OM] Re: Bulgarian Christmas and Hull New Year

Subject: [OM] Re: Bulgarian Christmas and Hull New Year
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:03:26 -0800
Chris Barker wrote:
> Gorgeous, Moose :-)

Ah, may have a terminology problem. The woman in the image is either too
young, when the picture was taken, or too old, assuming she is alive
today, to be the Goddess with whom I share my home and life.

It is intended rather in the form of images/ikons of local Gods, Saints,
and so forth that people of most times and places have displayed in
their houses for blessings, protection, luck, etc.

This particular "Goddess" graces our refrigerator to act as a reminder
not to be taken in by pressures to "Do Something" just for the sake of
not being idle.

It is one of a number of bits of advertising images from the 1930s, ‘40s
and ‘50s to which a woman named Anne Taintor adds text and then sells as
refrigerator magnets and such <http://www.annetaintor.com/magnets3.html>.

Moose