[OM] Re: portraits with my E510

Subject: [OM] Re: portraits with my E510
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:45:11 +1100
That is in the nature of 'dummy' modes, whether they are on the PASM
dial or under a Scene menu. They select a set of settings and you
can't fiddle them.
Question - is there a Portrait mode in the Scene list of the E-510
and is it any different that the one on the dial? My E-330 has both
but I've never used either as i live in A or M modes.
Generally speaking, people want portraits softened so that's exactly
what the mode will do, as well as forcing the widest aperture
possible. I imagine that it will adjust colour saturation and white
balance for skin tones as well.
If you want to override it, I'll bet you'll need to do it the hard/
proper way!
Or set up your own custom set if it's a regular requirement.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx