[OM] portraits with my E510

Subject: [OM] portraits with my E510
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:38:09 -0400
When used in "Portrait" mode my E510 produces Exif data showing that the
sharpness is "Soft". This is so regardless of the lens used whether a 50/2,
14-54 or 12-60. When used in "Landscape" mode the Exif sharpness data reads
as normal or hard.

Is the "Soft" reading in "Portrait" mode the default result that can be
over-ridden to normal or hard or is the Portrait / Soft combination fixed by
the camera's software? If the former,  how does one over-ride the default
setting to achieve a normal or hard level of sharpness? I cannot find the
answer in the the E510 instruction manual.

Just for the sake of clarity, "Portrait" mode is set by aligning the head
symbol on the rotating dial to the right of the hot shoe with the little
white square on the camera's top plate. Likewise, "Landscape" mode is the
mountain peak symbol next to the head symbol. I am not referring to the
several options under the "SCENE" option on the rotating dial.

John Hudson