[OM] Re: [OT] Toyota reliability, was: Broken DSLR - worth repairing?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Toyota reliability, was: Broken DSLR - worth repairing?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 07:26:26 +1100
This is where things get cloudy - for instance, the Yaris and WRX are
fully imported into Oz but the Camry built locally as Toyota is one
of the largest local manufacturers. Local experiences of reliability
may differ widely. I once had a Nissan twin cab pick-up which was
mechanically brilliant but the body rotted off the frame, a rare
thing down here these days. A wiser man informed me that this was
because 'it was built in Spain.'
Globalisation creates such variation - you often don't know what you
are actually buying.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx