[OM] Re: To keep the boxes or not to keep

Subject: [OM] Re: To keep the boxes or not to keep
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:38:33 +0100
Hi Olli,

I tend to keep equipment boxes, not because of any collectible value
(which I agree is non-existent for digital gear, it is only relevant
for otherwise collectible stuff like Leica). But if I should sell the
item, then it makes it a lot easier to ship the equipment, and I am
sure that the phrase "all original packaging" does give a prospective
buyer a feeling that I have looked after the equipment.

Nathan

On 17-dec-2007, at 13:52, Olli Hänninen wrote:

> I just moved to a new appartment. There is very little storage
> space there.
> Therefore, I have begun considering what all stuff I could let go.
> There are
> two things that reserve a relatively large amount of space in my
> closets:
> two original E-1 boxes.
>
> Now I need your help. Is it _really_ worth saving these boxes? I
> must admit
> that I do not know any purpose for them, but that they are
> collectible items
> (or are they?) and perhaps they give a little bit more value to my E-1
> cameras if I someday decide to sell them (to upgrade to E-3 etc.).
> So my
> main question is: is it worth saving these boxes when considered
> their value
> in case of reselling? I mean, if I sell my cameras perhaps after
> two years
> from now, is it certain that my E-1 is worth more if it still has
> its box
> with it? I think it is, but is the difference considerable?
>
> Well, most probably I am going to keep the boxes but the realities
> about
> their value would be nice to know.
>

> Olli
>
> "A little less conversation, a little more shutter actions."

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Nathan Wajsman
nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx