[OM] Re: OT - weather station - and barometric pressure

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - weather station - and barometric pressure
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:44:32 +1000
Chris Barker wrote:
> That's it, Paul.  I use this line of argument with those of my
> students who are more likely to vomit in flight, but some are more
> susceptible to airsickness than others; everyone is different. ...

I'm subject to motion sickness (one of my childhood memories is of being
forbidden to go on Merry-go-Rounds :-( ), but, on a passenger plane,
opposite to the window-seat suggestion of someone, I find that on
take-off and landing (or during "turbulence") that it is better if I
look forward rather than out the window, to the furthest wall I can see
and just focus there. Looking out the window brings out the forehead
sweat and the stomach-rolling.

Then again, I get motion sickness within seconds of playing something
like 'Spyro, the Dragon' or 'Doom' (and the fact that these are older
games might tell you that I've not even bothered with the newer ones). I
also cannot read a map while in a car (the psychosomatic part even does
it to me when the car is stopped). I am distinctly unsuited to space
travel, so I guess I'm going to have to save up my money for something
else. ;-)

To bring it back on-topic, I've always liked photos taken out the window
of a passenger jet, preferably including the wing. I know they can be
fairly ubiquitous in travel shots, but I still get a kick out of them.

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz