[OM] Re: OT - weather station - and barometric pressure

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - weather station - and barometric pressure
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:26:26 +1100
Or indeed, the butterfly surrounded by man - which sadly is the more
common state these days.
While unfamiliar with Daoism, it seems that Chuang Tse's 'natural
uncertainty' bears a distinct resemblance to the western concept of
'mutability'. It often amuses me that people find in Eastern modes of
thought, that which was  already there in Western ideologies but of
which they were unaware. Perhaps it sounds more convincing when
delivered by an oriental sage?
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx