[OM] Re: Really Right Stuff L-plate for the E-3 arrived

Subject: [OM] Re: Really Right Stuff L-plate for the E-3 arrived
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 16:48:00 -0000
Hi Garth,

Thanks for letting us know. I am the skeptic you mentioned. The comments
about the ugliness came up during an email exchange with an RRS rep who
actually echoed your thoughts that while its not pretty it does the job very
well. Anyway my (unexpressed until now) concerns were over how the forward
shifted design affects handhold-ability. I often use my left hand as the
primary support for the camera with it firmly in my palm, right where the L
plate fits onto hence my concern. I don't doubt that the build of the L
plate is up to the usual RRS standard, they really do some excellent work.

Since I don't really need the L plate for tripod work, I shoot with a
Justrite camera rotor it may all be moot. Part of my complaint to RRS was
that they are not making a dedicated regular plate for the E-3, but then
again they didn't make an L plate for the E-1 so maybe its just how it is.
Maybe I just need to try an L plate and see it works for me? I haven't been
in the same country as my tripod since getting the E-3 so I won't make a
final choice of plate until I return to the US in January.

Thanks for taking the time to do a follow up on this it really is
appreciated.

Dan S.